The Charlevoix County Jail is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Jail Phone Number: 231-547-4461
Jail Fax Number: 231-237-0442
Jail Lieutenant: Derek Gaylord - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jail Sergeant: Ben Owens - email@example.com
JAIL SHIFT SUPERVISORS
Cpl. Casey Curtis - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cpl. Joslyn Lorencz - email@example.com
Cpl. Joshua McGeorge - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cpl. Scott Miller - email@example.com
INMATE VISITATION INFORMATION
Female Inmates: Sundays - 10am-Noon, 1pm-5pm, 6pm-8pm
Male Inmates: Saturdays - 10am-Noon, 1pm-5pm, 6pm-8pm
All Visitors must present a picture I.D. and be on the Inmate's approved Visitor's List prior to any visit. Temporary I.D. cards and driver's licenses that do not contain a photograph must be accompanied by other photographic identification.
Visitors under the age of 18 may be placed on the Inmate's approved visitor's list only if he/she is the Inmate's biological child, legal step-child, or sibling of the inmate. It is the responsibility of the adult visitor for the supervision of small children.
Office staff may terminate a visit if any actions violate or compromise safety, security, or smooth operation of this facility.
INMATE VISITATION RULES & DRESS CODE
- Cameras and cellular phones are STRICTLY PROHIBITED in the visitation area.
- Visitors must be fully dressed in clothes that are in good repair, example: holes in clothing are not acceptable, however worn or frayed clothing that has no hole or tear may be acceptable.
- Clothing which exposes excessive skin (i.e. abdomen, breast, chest, back, thigh etc.) is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to, see-through clothing, tube/halter tops and shorts or skirts/dresses that are more than 3" above the knee.
- Clothing that exposes undergarments is prohibited. Sleeveless tops are allowed only if the armholes are fashioned in a way that conceals the undergarments and breast/chest of the visitor.
- Extreme form-fitting clothing, including but not limited to, running tights, leggings, unitards etc. may not be worn as outer garments.
- Extremely loose fitting clothing is not allowed.
- Clothing which displays words or symbols or pictures that may be perceived as obscene or inflammatory are prohibited.
- Footwear must be worn at all times.
- Visitors that arrive in clothing that does not comply with these standards will not be permitted to visit.
WHEN NECESSARY, THE SUPERVISOR WILL MAKE THE FINAL DECISION WITH REGARD TO THE VISITOR ATTIRE.