CHARLEVOIX COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE EMPLOYMENT OPENINGS
There are no full/part-time employment openings at this time.
- The Reserve Division is comprised of trained volunteers who support the Sheriff's Office in all special events such as
parades, searches, and other assignments as requested by the Sheriff. Such events include: Boyne City Foot Race &
Parade, Boyne Falls Polish Festival & Mud Run, Charlevoix Marathon, Crazy Days at Boyne Mountain, East Jordan
Freedom Festival, Elm Point Art Fair, and Venetian Festival.
- The Reserve Division is also responsible for performing our Residential Security Checks on homes within Charlevoix
- Reserve/Special Deputies must be at least 21 years of age or older and pass a background check.
- Prior Law Enforcement experience preferred, but not required.
To Apply for the Reserves/Special Deputy position, please fill out the Charlevoix County Sheriff’s Office Application and return it to the Sheriff’s Office. Click here for an application.
Victim Services Unit - Advocate
- The Charlevoix County Sheriff's Office started their Victim Services Unit in October 2014. The Victim Services Unit is a
group of volunteers dedicated to helping victims cope with a crisis or a crime against them. The volunteers are a cross
section of the community, who have been recruited through various community and service organizations. They are the
helping hands of the police, fire, and medical personnel – freeing emergency personnel to do their jobs without leaving
the victim feeling forgotten, excluded, or ignored.
- Advocates must attend a 20 hour Michigan Sheriff’s Association training and attend trainings/meetings throughout the
year. Advocates must be on-call for five (5) 12-hour shifts every month.
- "A volunteer organization dedicated to supporting survivors and victims in times of crisis."
If you are interested in joining the Victim Services Unit, please fill out the VSU Application and
mail it to: Attn: Sarah Kaminski, Charlevoix County Sheriff's Office 1000 Grant St. Charlevoix, MI 49720