Probate Court Forms

For a complete list of forms, visit the State Court Administrative Office website, and select one of these categories:  Probate General, Guardians and Conservators, Estates and Trusts, or Mental Health.

Please Note: No Petition for Appointment of a Guardian or Conservator for an Adult, or Petition to Modify an existing adult guardianship or conservatorship will be accepted for filing without the name and contact information of the proposed guardian or conservator, and the completed clearance forms.

The following packets for Probate filings may be accessed below. These forms may be completed online and submitted via the online form on the "Contact Us" page, or submitted in person to the Court office. The associated packets are also available on the bottom of each page which corresponds to the type of filing.

*Note: Forms submitted online will be reviewed, however an appointment is still necessary to submit original forms and filing fees. Please call 231-547-7214 upon submission of forms.

Mental Health (Please call 231-547-7214 for instructions prior to completing this form.)

Adult Adoption

Guardian Adoption

Stepparent Adoption

Adult Name Change

Minor Name Change

Minor Conservatorship

Minor Full Guardianship

Minor Limited Guardianship


Adult Conservatorship                                                

Adult Guardianship of Developmentally Disabled Individual                                                                  

Adult Guardianship of Legally Incapacited Individual 

Formal Estate

Informal Estate

Petition for Assignment (Small Estate)
Petition to Re-Open an Estate

Petition to Pay Burial or Other Claim

Reopening a Decedent Estate